Is COVID-19 Really Airborne? What Should We Do to Protect Ourselves?
How does the coronavirus disease proliferate? Is COVID transmitted through Air? What proofs do we have that shows us COVID-19 is airborne? What are the most ordinary modes of transmission for COVID-19? To know all of these, read the blog below.
WHO on July 9th mentioned that Coronavirus is mainly transmitted through two paths – contact routes and respiratory droplets. COVID is transmitted through the air if the infected person’s droplet exists in the air and if a person comes in contact with such droplets within 1 meter (or greater than 1 meter) of its distance. However, the organization later said that it requires solid proof by running large experiments to say so.
In China, after seven months of COVID spread across the globe, tests have been carried out with 75,465 people to see if the disease gets spread via air – however, no evidence has been found on airborne transmission. Similarly, in other research journals (e.g. article published in the New England Journal of Medicine, it shows that COVID-19 doesn’t get spread by air.
Droplet transmission is different than air transmission as in the first scenario, it occurs when a person is within 1 m with someone who has respiratory symptoms (e.g. having cough/cold and sneezing) and hence at potential risk of having his/her mucosae (mouth and nose)/ conjunctiva (eyes) exposed to infective respiratory droplets. Spread may also occur through vehicles in the immediate environment around the infected person. Thus, propagation of COVID-19 virus can occur by direct contact with infected people and indirect contact with surfaces in the immediate environment or with substances used on the infected person (e.g., stethoscope, spatula, thermometer etc.).
What is the recovery time for COVID patients?
It has been observed that in a mild infection, people take 2 weeks to get fully recovered and in the case of acute/severe infection, it takes 3-6 weeks to get recovered.
What are the implications of COVID-19 as we now know it’s airborne?
Here are the implications:
- We need to ensure that we take necessary precautions in the hospital and public places by distributing more N-95 masks to prevent spreading the disease through air.
- We need more healthcare professionals across the globe, to be able to conduct more tests to understand if there is a trace on air transmission via COVID.
In a nutshell, we need to have concrete proof to declare COVID is transmitted by air. As there are 35 Million cases in the world so far with 1.03 million deaths, we need to have a solid proof claiming the disease is airborne. Where it has been suspected as airborne, it could be due to the reasons that there was the crowd and it was not possible to maintain social distancing as there was no such space to implement the same OR it could be mostly in indoors where the heavy crowd is there (night clubs etc.) with poor ventilation quality – therefore due to heavy spreading from one person to another person the disease has spread fast.
We also recommend reading other articles on this subject, such as:
- WHO Most Ordinary Modes of COVID-19 virus transmission
- Research Article Published by John Hopkins University
We, the entire Custom Health RX family, stand with all of you across the globe extending our support by organizing free health consultation (over Facebook), also over the Live Chat on our website: customhealthrx.com. Stay safe, indoor as much as possible, social distance, wear masks in the right way, and take precautions by washing hands frequently. For telemedicine / contactless online appointment with a doctor, set up your online appointment today with an experienced physician. If you want to refill or reorder your compounding medicine, fax your prescription via 734-667-4400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not the list, do let us know how you liked this article/ blog using the comments box below.
Other Recommended Articles on Compounding and COVID-19:
- Protect yourself from Coronavirus while you are stepping out
- Mental health during COVID-19
- Acne treatment using various compounded solutions
- Anti-Aging Treatment & Benefits of Retinoic, Niacinamide, and Hydroquinone
- Ayurveda and its benefits over the human body, to treat COVID-19
- What you must know about ketamine? | How to use Ketamine in compounding? | Custom Health RX
- Compounded Medicine: What is it & why you need it?
- Transdermal pain cream – the best solution to your pain (any type)
- Dermatology – Skin care and the benefits of compounding
- Why, when, how of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Dentistry in Compounding
- Other blogs on compounding medicines